The NSW Government Department of Industry Water has prepared a draft replacement plan and is seeking feedback from water users and other interested parties as part of the public exhibition phase.
The Water Sharing Plan is a regulatory plan under the Water Management Act 2000, and is in effect for a 10-year period. The purpose of the NSW Great Artesian Basin Water Sharing Plan is to set the rules that determine how water is to be shared between the environment and water users.
This Plan applies to the groundwater sources of the Great Artesian Basin (GAB). These groundwater resources are referred to as the:
- Eastern Recharge Groundwater Source,
- Southern Recharge Groundwater Source,
- Surat Groundwater Source,
- Warrego Groundwater Source, and
- Central Groundwater Source.
Join us at one of the information sessions to learn more about:
- the draft NSW Great Artesian Basin Water Sharing Plan 2020
- the proposed changes to the water sharing plan arrangements
- how to make a submission
Public information sessions
- 2 March 2020, Moree Services Club, Moree, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- 3 March 2020, Lightning Ridge RSL, Lightning Ridge, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- 4 March 2020, Diggers on the Darling, Bourke, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- 5 March 2020, Coonamble Bowling Club, Coonamble, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
To attend the information session, please RSVP by email to email@example.com